Sunday, March 22, 2009

Why don't you buy a Mac?

Attention: this post has very little educational value and consist of ignorant facts and myths from both Macboy and PC. Don't take this post seriously. (However I do hate Apple and they will have to pay me to make me use an Apple product. With that said:
Okay, better to say it now then never. I hate Mac and the whole Apple company more than I hate Microsoft and all those big company's. Why? Because Apple is just to arrogant and don't have any dignity. They sell $700 dollar boxes full of electronic crap and sell it to brainless Macboys and girls. And Apple takes advantage of these people. I am not claiming that all Mac users are stupid, certainly not. But some just have to admit that the Mac isn't any better than a PC so just stop complaining and flaming on those youtube videos and blog posts.

As I was telling all that above to a friend of mine(A Macboy) he just started claiming and started nagging about how great the Mac is( Ugh, just the same crap every Macboy/girl says, do they have a cheatsheet or something hiden somewhere?). About how fast it is, how easy it it and how it never crashes and stuff and said that after I tried it I would agree.

So he invited me to his house to try it out. I started the Mac waited and waited just like any PC and then Woah! Mac OS X was there. So I asked: "Now show anything a PC can't do?".So he starting showing everything:

1. The windows manager is way cooler and easier!
- I can make a PC look like that...

2. Photoshop and other applications run faster on my 1.8Ghz Mac than on a 1.8Ghz PC
- Ok so I need faster processor to top with the Mac so I buy a Pc with Core2Quad @ 2.44Ghz that will cost me maybe $800 with a nice graphic card and 4gb RAM. And your Mac costs $2000 so what's the difference? Yes $1200.

3. Mac never crashes and always works.
- Than why would there be a support line? I'm pretty sure I can make the Mac crash and besides Linux doesn't crash either. So they are still even.

4. But uhm... Linux is hard and Mac is not.
(* is Macboy)
- Why is linux hard? It's just like any other OS.
* I heard it's hard to install thing on it.
- With Ubuntu Linux for example you have an application wich shows a huge list with all applications for Linux than click install and done. If it's not on that list just type 'apt-get install ' to install anything. Nothing different than Mac OS X.

5. Mac dominates the graphic design world. We have for example Final Cut!
- That was ages ago, sure there are ignorant designer that think you can only design on a Mac. Oh wait, I'm a designer and I don't have a Mac. And about the Final Cut, congratz you have an Application we don't have... Not really a big deal because we got 1000's of quality Pc only wares.


Hmmm, he didn't really convinced me to buy a Mac... Why would I buy a $2000 dollar machine that can do less than a $800 dollar machine, that just makes no sense to me. So I'll stick with my PC for a while. Maybe it will be fun to convince my friend to buy a PC. Maybe you'll see that next time on my blog :p





No comments:

Post a Comment